Career / Startup Advising
Please join our HKUST United Community platform to become a mentor and offer career and startup advising to our students. Getting involved is easy - simply follow the steps below to get started!
1. Sign up to the HKUST United Community with your email address or your LinkedIn account. If you register by email, an authentication email will be sent to you – don’t forget to click the link in the email to finish setting up your profile.
2. To start connecting with mentees, go to the Mentor tab (on your left hand side) and select Settings. Here, you can indicate the areas in which you'd like to offer help. Our system will identify suitable mentees for you based on your mentor settings. Students can also view your profile in the Directory and send you a mentor request.
3. Keep an eye on your message inbox for details of your match. You can also use the Directory to connect with other students and alumni on the platform.
Jobs / Internships
If your company would like to recruit HKUST students and/or graduates, please send us the below information to email@example.com:
- Company name, brief description, and website
- Copy of your business registration (for internal reference only)
- Job description and requirements
- Application method and deadline (if any)
Upon receipt of your email, our staff will be in touch with you to follow up.
Funding for Startups
Our students and alumni have some brilliant ideas but need YOUR help to turn them into a reality. Please visit our Startup Support webpage for some 1-minute pitch videos submitted by student and/or alumni startups who made it to the Top 50 teams of the HKUST-Sino One Million Dollar Entrepreneurship Competition 2020. They are seeking funding to help them develop their prototypes / products to the next stage and can benefit greatly from your support. To get in touch with these teams or to find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.